Welcome to Lakewood’s Only Faith-Based Christian Preschool!
Grace Preschool is a quality early learning environment that supports the needs of the whole child: emotional, social, cognitive, physical and spiritual.
- We believe that children learn by being active participants, so our classroom environment focuses on providing quality hands-on creative learning opportunities.
- Our philosophy is to help children achieve their highest potential and to bring out their individual talents and gifts.
- We believe that children need to feel safe, secure and accepted so that they are free to learn and grow.
- We believe that, as Christ first loved us, we are to love one another. We show that love by welcoming and affirming each child’s unique abilities and interests.
- We welcome the family as partners in this process and encourage their participation through the sharing of their interests, talents and family traditions.
Our goal is to provide your child with a balanced early learning experience that fosters curiosity about God’s world and joy in learning.
I have recommended it already! I just tell people how much my daughter has learned and how easy the teachers make it for mothers leaving their child for the first time. That was very stressful for me.
The teachers make learning fun. It’s creative, loving atmosphere with so much to do for the kids and family involvement. Plus it has a low cost compared to most schools.
We love Grace Preschool. It’s a great balance of learning socially, intellectually and spiritually. We plan on sending all three of our kids through this program.
Why Grace Preschool?
Early Literary and Math Skills
Whether singing the alphabet, “reading” along with a picture book, or playing matching and counting games, curriculum at Grace Preschool helps develop foundational learning skills.
Social and Emotional Growth
Grace Preschool provides a safe and nurturing environment where children learn to interact with their peers and the world around them in new and exciting ways.
Choices Create Empowerment
At Grace Preschool, children are guided and encouraged to make choices and begin to develop autonomy.
Motor Skill Development
Activities throughout the day are geared towards the development of both gross and fine motor skills, as well as coordination and balance.
Preparation for Kindergarten
Kindergarten is a big step in each child’s life, and Grace Preschool helps ease that transition by encouraging the development of your child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical abilities.
A child’s vocabulary grows from 900 to 2,500 words between the ages of 3 and 5. At Grace Preschool, activities organically help grow your child’s vocabulary. Through singing, story time, science and exploration activities – or even just a conversation at snack time.
Preschool age children are inherently curious about the world around them. Grace Preschool encourages the development of cognitive thinking by challenging children to explore the world around them, ask questions, observe and test their ideas.
Grace Preschool is Lakewood’s only faith based Christian preschool. Christian songs and religious education are part of our curriculum, which also includes Wednesday chapel.